- Implementing practical and scientific knowledge to solve building problems, improve materials and methods of construction, and advance new building technologies.
- Advancing building codes and standards for tomorrow's construction and design technologies.
- Bringing practical and affordable design solutions to reality for new, existing, and historic construction.
- Using a comprehensive knowledge of building construction, engineering, and state-of-the-art scientific techniques to investigate and diagnose building performance.
- Developing and presenting creative information that brings understanding to the science and art of building construction, design theory, and regulations.
- Providing credible expert advice and authoritative testimony to aid in the resolution of construction disputes and insurance claims.